Six Prizes ranging from $2,500 to $1,000
NPG Essay Scholarship Contest
Entries must be received by April 24, 2012
Entries postmarked prior to due date, but received after
deadline, will NOT be accepted
Winners will be announced on NPG’s
website by July 13, 2012
NPG, a national membership organization devoted to population issues, invites students to compete in our Annual Essay Scholarship Contest.
Without critical changes, U.S. population is projected to reach 438 million people in less than 40 years. Explain how this projected growth will negatively affect the United States socially, economically and environmentally. Submissions must be between 500 and 750 words.
The NPG Scholarship Committee will select six (6) winning essays. Essays will be judged on quality of writing, originality, and evidence of critical thinking. All decisions are within the discretion of NPG scholarship judges and all decisions are final. All scholarships will be paid directly to the college or university to be applied to the account of the winner.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Applicant must be a senior in high school or a college freshman, sophomore or junior in an undergraduate program.
- Applicant must be attending a school within the United States, or operated overseas by the U.S. government.
- E-mailed or faxed essays will not be accepted.
- Applicant must sign and date the enclosed application. Parent or Guardian signature is also required for applicants under 18.
- Relatives of employees or directors of NPG are not eligible. Not valid where prohibited.
- Only one entry per student.
- If you would like proof that your essay has arrived, please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your application and essay.
- All Entries must be received by April 24, 2012. Those postmarked prior to due date, but received after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
- All entries must be mailed to NPG • PO Box 1265 • Teaneck, NJ 07666