NPG wants to make sure you’ve had the opportunity to watch our all-new short video series: The Sources and Effects of Growth.
Environmental issues are on the minds of most Americans today – yet many of the facts and statistics of overpopulation remain largely unknown to the general public. As a way to raise awareness of this critical issue, NPG has produced a series of three short videos running approximately 2 minutes each. Each film captures a different aspect of the debate over U.S. population growth.
These powerful new videos were included in this year’s NPG’s Teacher’s Packets – which are distributed free of charge to hundreds of educators across the country, helping to get our critical message into the hands of tens of thousands of students. The films are also posted on our social media pages and the NPG website.
- In The Sources of Growth, NPG breaks down the complex topic into bite-sized pieces, so that the average American can gain a better understanding of our nation’s growth. The film asks important questions for the viewer to consider topics often dismissed or misunderstood by many Americans.
- In The Effects of Growth: Sprawl and Development, NPG analyzes the effects of U.S. population growth – specifically when it comes to urban sprawl and overdevelopment. We demonstrate to viewers that America is adding over 2 million people per year, and that growth impacts our infrastructure – things like electricity, water, and hospitals.
- In the final video, The Effects of Growth: Environmental Damage, NPG demonstrates the irreversible damage that population growth causes to our fragile environment. The video concludes with a statement that NPG has long posed to the American public, policy makers, and the national media:
Our world is depending on us.
And our future is worth saving.
YOU can help.
We must act NOW to slow, halt, and eventually reverse our growth – until we reach a much smaller, truly sustainable size. With your support, we will continue to strengthen and expand critical programs such as this powerful short video series. By advocating policies which work to reduce U.S. population size and growth, we are working together for a livable future!
Help NPG continue our fight to
protect America’s future!
World population, now over 7.3 billion, is predicted to rise to 9 billion by 2050, an increase of almost two billion, or 23%, in the short space of only 34 years from now.In the highly unlikely event that per capita greenhouse gas emissions could possibly be decreased by an equal percentage in such a short space of time (a blink of an eye) the total amount of worldwide emission would remain the same!
From this simple illustration it would appear that without drastically reducing the size of world population, there is no solution to the problem.None at all.So then why do our world leaders pretend that there is one?What is to be gained by pretending rather than by proposing a solution that would solve the problem – a reduction in the size of world population to not more than 1- 2 billion?
Latest posts by NPG (see all)
- Concerned About The Environmental Future of the Country? - April 16, 2018
- NPG Calls for Non-Political Census - April 5, 2018
- 2018 EARTH DAY PETITION TO MEMBERS OF THE U.S. CONGRESS - April 5, 2018