This ad appeared in The Hill, October 2011
WE DEMAND CONGRESSIONAL ACTION!
TO: Members of the 112th Congress
FROM: Citizens Against Illegal Immigration
You need to stop “kicking the can down the road” in relation to America’s fiscal crises and we demand that you put the same amount of determination into confronting and resolving our nation’s immigration crisis!
While Congress is stalemated in its efforts to come to an agreement on the issue of amnesty/citizenship, that does not mean that members of both the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives can ignore other responsible immigration legislation that must be enacted NOW!
Specifically, we call on you to debate and pass the following bills before the end of the 112th Congress:
• H.R. 140 – The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2011 which would require that at least one parent be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident for a newborn to receive automatic citizenship.
• H.R. 692 – The Nuclear Family Priority Act to make changes to family-sponsored immigrants and reduce the number of individuals who can enter the country through chain migration.
Both of these measures have strong support among America’s voters and passage of both bills will reaffirm that our nation is dedicated to protecting the most valuable thing in the world – American citizenship. In addition, tightening the rules on anchor babies and chain migration will be a major step toward ending today’s spiraling population growth that is set to create major social, economic and environmental havoc in the coming decades.
PLEASE ACT SOON!
CO-SPONSOR AND VOTE ‘YES’ ON H.R. 140 AND H.R. 692!
World population, now over 7.3 billion, is predicted to rise to 9 billion by 2050, an increase of almost two billion, or 23%, in the short space of only 34 years from now.In the highly unlikely event that per capita greenhouse gas emissions could possibly be decreased by an equal percentage in such a short space of time (a blink of an eye) the total amount of worldwide emission would remain the same!
From this simple illustration it would appear that without drastically reducing the size of world population, there is no solution to the problem.None at all.So then why do our world leaders pretend that there is one?What is to be gained by pretending rather than by proposing a solution that would solve the problem – a reduction in the size of world population to not more than 1- 2 billion?
Latest posts by NPG (see all)
- Concerned About The Environmental Future of the Country? - April 16, 2018
- NPG Calls for Non-Political Census - April 5, 2018
- 2018 EARTH DAY PETITION TO MEMBERS OF THE U.S. CONGRESS - April 5, 2018