III. Views Regarding the Role State and Local Governments Should Play In Thwarting Illegal Immigration
Americans also believe state and local governments have a role to play in the effort to reduce illegal immigration. In fact, many believe the Federal government should pass laws to ensure that state and local governments do their part.
Specifically majorities agree that:
- Congress should pass a law requiring state and local government agencies to notify both the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) and their local law-enforcement agency when they determine that a person is here illegally, or has presented a false identification document (88% agree; 68% “strongly” agree, particularly older Americans)
- Congress should pass a law requiring state and local governments, and law enforcement agencies, to apprehend and turn over to the INS illegal immigrants with whom they come in contact (85% agree; 62% “strongly” agree, particularly older Americans)
World population, now over 7.3 billion, is predicted to rise to 9 billion by 2050, an increase of almost two billion, or 23%, in the short space of only 34 years from now.In the highly unlikely event that per capita greenhouse gas emissions could possibly be decreased by an equal percentage in such a short space of time (a blink of an eye) the total amount of worldwide emission would remain the same!
From this simple illustration it would appear that without drastically reducing the size of world population, there is no solution to the problem.None at all.So then why do our world leaders pretend that there is one?What is to be gained by pretending rather than by proposing a solution that would solve the problem – a reduction in the size of world population to not more than 1- 2 billion?
Latest posts by NPG (see all)
- AMERICA’S ANCHOR BABY PROBLEM IS BALLOONING OUT OF CONTROL! - September 17, 2018
- New NPG Forum Paper Exposes Many Flaws in Refugee and Asylee System - August 30, 2018
- National polls show support for NPG’s position - August 21, 2018