V. Views Toward Employers and Illegal Immigration
Americans agree that one way to impede illegal immigration is to crack down on the people who employ them. Majorities agree the following actions should be taken:
- The Federal government should strictly enforce present laws calling for criminal penalties for employers who, after having been repeatedly fined, continue to knowingly hire illegal immigrants (87% agree; 69% “strongly” agree, particularly older Americans).
- The Federal government should strictly enforce present laws calling for heavy fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants (79% agree; 67% “strongly” agree, particularly older Americans).
- The Federal government should require all employers to verify U.S. citizenship or lawful presence for each job applicant by a telephone or online check to a central data base maintained by the U.S. government (79% agree; 58% “strongly” agree, particularly older Americans).
World population, now over 7.3 billion, is predicted to rise to 9 billion by 2050, an increase of almost two billion, or 23%, in the short space of only 34 years from now.In the highly unlikely event that per capita greenhouse gas emissions could possibly be decreased by an equal percentage in such a short space of time (a blink of an eye) the total amount of worldwide emission would remain the same!
From this simple illustration it would appear that without drastically reducing the size of world population, there is no solution to the problem.None at all.So then why do our world leaders pretend that there is one?What is to be gained by pretending rather than by proposing a solution that would solve the problem – a reduction in the size of world population to not more than 1- 2 billion?
Latest posts by NPG (see all)
- Concerned About The Environmental Future of the Country? - April 16, 2018
- NPG Calls for Non-Political Census - April 5, 2018
- 2018 EARTH DAY PETITION TO MEMBERS OF THE U.S. CONGRESS - April 5, 2018