NPG will again participate in this annual celebration – which represents an international call to action to change our world and protect our future.
Tomorrow we are celebrating a holiday dedicated to protecting our world’s precious environment – when charities, families, businesses, community centers, students, retailers and more will all come together for Earth Day. It’s a movement to celebrate our natural world, and teach our youngest generation how critical it is that we preserve and protect our fragile Earth for the future.
Since Earth Day’s founding in 1970, each year thousands of organizations and millions of participants in dozens of countries around the world all come together- united under a vital cause which affects us all.
We invite you to join the movement and be an Earth Day activist in 2016.
As an Earth Day activist, you can share our critical message – and draw the link between U.S. population growth and our deteriorating environment. There are a number of ways that YOU can get involved:
- If you haven’t already, sign NPG’s Earth Day Proclamation petition to Congress and President Obama – and DEMAND they acknowledge U.S. population growth as the environmental threat it is!
- Download NPG’s FREE Earth Day Flyer – filled with the latest statistics and REAL FACTS on population growth. You can print and distribute this helpful tool at Earth Day events in your area – or for display at your local schools and libraries!
- Back your commitment to NPG’s mission with a special Earth Day contribution. Remember – we receive absolutely no government funding. Your generous contributions make our work possible!
Your activism – whether it is by signing our petitions, distributing NPG materials, or by a generous tax-deductible gift – will help our critical mission to slow, halt, and eventually reverse U.S. population growth. By working together, we can protect our nation’s environment, natural resources, and quality of life for future generations!
We encourage you – wherever you live – to join forces with the thousands of businesses, schools, and community groups who will recognize this important international event!
So as you celebrate Earth Day, we hope you will take the challenge and get involved. Our nation’s future depends on ALL OF US!
World population, now over 7.3 billion, is predicted to rise to 9 billion by 2050, an increase of almost two billion, or 23%, in the short space of only 34 years from now.In the highly unlikely event that per capita greenhouse gas emissions could possibly be decreased by an equal percentage in such a short space of time (a blink of an eye) the total amount of worldwide emission would remain the same!
From this simple illustration it would appear that without drastically reducing the size of world population, there is no solution to the problem.None at all.So then why do our world leaders pretend that there is one?What is to be gained by pretending rather than by proposing a solution that would solve the problem – a reduction in the size of world population to not more than 1- 2 billion?
Latest posts by NPG (see all)
- National Survey Reveals U.S. Students’ Concerns about Population and Environment Issues - December 19, 2017
- NPG Releases New Forum Paper on Millennials’ Impact on U. S. Population Growth and Sustainability - November 14, 2017
- End Sanctuary Cities: Amercian’s Ticking Time Bombs! - November 1, 2017