On June 17th, the U.S. House of Representatives’ Labor, Health & Human Services (L-HHS) subcommittee marked up its FY 2016 Spending Bill.
Despite a plea from 149 Representatives and opposition from countless Americans, the House L-HHS Subcommittee voted to cut 100% of the funding for the vital Title X program…
…and to thereby eliminate it entirely for FY 2016.
A week later, again despite strong Senate support for the program, the Senate L-HHS funding bill would also strip Title X of millions in critical funds.
After BOTH BILLS passed through their full Appropriations committees, it’s anyone’s guess when they may go to their chamber floors for a full consideration…
…and Title X program funding may be lost entirely.
If you are not familiar with the Title X program, here are some basic details:
- The only federal program of its kind, Title X’s nearly 4,200 health centers provide family planning and preventative health care services to more than 4.5 million low-income American men and women.
- 90% of Title X patients fall within federal poverty level guidelines, and 63% are uninsured.
- Title X has been estimated to save taxpayers $7 billion each year. (Nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid, at an average cost of $12,770 each – compared to just $239 each year for a client to receive Title X funded contraceptive care.)
For NPG, Title X has critical population implications.
Comprehensive and affordable family planning and contraceptive care has been found to: delay the age of a woman’s first childbirth, reduce the number of children she has in her lifetime, increase her chances to achieve advanced education and secure higher-paying employment – thus reducing overall population growth AND increasing the quality of life for American families.
A recent national survey found…
Source: The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
…77% of American adults SUPPORT Title X.
To reduce U.S. population to a sustainable level – and to preserve an enjoyable quality of life for American families…
…we need your help RIGHT NOW to keep the pressure on our elected officials!
Your generous contribution today will help us advocate programs that work to reduce U.S. population growth and preserve an enjoyable quality of life for all Americans! With your help, we can keep this vital issue front and center in the national spotlight.
Thank you again for your loyal support in the fight for America’s future!
World population, now over 7.3 billion, is predicted to rise to 9 billion by 2050, an increase of almost two billion, or 23%, in the short space of only 34 years from now.In the highly unlikely event that per capita greenhouse gas emissions could possibly be decreased by an equal percentage in such a short space of time (a blink of an eye) the total amount of worldwide emission would remain the same!
From this simple illustration it would appear that without drastically reducing the size of world population, there is no solution to the problem.None at all.So then why do our world leaders pretend that there is one?What is to be gained by pretending rather than by proposing a solution that would solve the problem – a reduction in the size of world population to not more than 1- 2 billion?
Latest posts by NPG (see all)
- AMERICA’S ANCHOR BABY PROBLEM IS BALLOONING OUT OF CONTROL! - September 17, 2018
- New NPG Forum Paper Exposes Many Flaws in Refugee and Asylee System - August 30, 2018
- National polls show support for NPG’s position - August 21, 2018