In this second video of the new series, NPG analyzes the effects of U.S. population growth – specifically when it comes to urban sprawl and over-development. We break down the complex topic into bite-sized pieces, so that the average American can gain a better understanding of the true impact of our nation’s growth. The film answers important questions -covering topics often dismissed or misunderstood by many Americans:
* Isn’t America spending enough on development to keep pace with growth?
* How does population growth impact our infrastructure – things like electricity, water, or hospitals?
* How much is America growing each year? And what does that mean for our environment?
Throughout each section, the film supplies viewers with real facts – including the latest statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau, demonstrating the true scope of America’s population size and growth. We demonstrate to viewers that – even at less than 1% a year – our growth adds up to over 2 million people per year. That even our “low” fertility rates resulted in nearly 4 million babies last year – an average of one birth every 8 seconds. And we are gaining one international migrant every 27 seconds. The video concludes with a question that NPG has long posed to the American public, policy makers, and the national media:
“If we keep growing, what will America’s landscape look like for our grandchildren?”
For over four decades, NPG has worked to distribute the real facts about U.S. population growth – and its consequences to our environment, economy, natural resources, and quality of life. We must ACT NOW to slow, halt, and eventually reverse our nation’s population growth!
World population, now over 7.3 billion, is predicted to rise to 9 billion by 2050, an increase of almost two billion, or 23%, in the short space of only 34 years from now.In the highly unlikely event that per capita greenhouse gas emissions could possibly be decreased by an equal percentage in such a short space of time (a blink of an eye) the total amount of worldwide emission would remain the same!
From this simple illustration it would appear that without drastically reducing the size of world population, there is no solution to the problem.None at all.So then why do our world leaders pretend that there is one?What is to be gained by pretending rather than by proposing a solution that would solve the problem – a reduction in the size of world population to not more than 1- 2 billion?
Latest posts by NPG (see all)
- Negative Population Growth President Slams Congress’ “Empty Promises” on Immigration Reform - November 13, 2018
- AN UNCONVENTIONAL APPROACH TO POPULATION POLICY: Use the Feminist Revolution To Reverse World Population Growth - October 25, 2018
- AMERICA’S ANCHOR BABY PROBLEM IS BALLOONING OUT OF CONTROL! - September 17, 2018